Title: Clinical Placement Coordinator
Division: School of Health & Natural Sciences
Reports to: Chair department of Nursing
Status: Exempt, 12-month, Full-Time Staff
The Clinical Coordinator assists and reports to the Chair of the Department of Nursing and collaborates with faculty and staff in the Department of Nursing in obtaining, coordinating and managing all nursing student clinical placements, assisting the Department Chair with adjunct clinical faculty recruitment and orientation, and maintaining the baseline records for all nursing courses and clinical rotation details.
- Assist the Department Chair or designee to determine the number and type of clinical placements for all nursing programs and secure existing and recruit new clinical sites for programs based on clinical course SLOs.
- Serve as the primary contact person for all existing clinical sites to renew BSN cohort, IEN cohort, Community Health and preceptor placements on a twelve-month basis.
- Assist Nursing Department Chair and nursing staff with maintaining and updating clinical requirements for onboarding data management and coordinate efforts to provide student learning opportunities through the onboarding and orientation processes.
- Serve as Nursing Department's liaison with Bay Area nursing programs, clinical sites, and clinical educators by fostering ongoing relationships via communications and site and interagency meetings.
- Coordinate student clinical placement requests via the CCPS system, My Clinical Exchange, and by direct contact with hospital educators starting in February for the fall semester and starting in September for the spring semester and summer sessions and monitor these clinical placement requests weekly.
- Assess clinical site adequacy annually and prepare an annual report for the Department Chair, including a spreadsheet with accurate adjunct clinical faculty data.
- Coordinate (along with Department Chair and department staff), develop, and monitor nursing program baseline schedules for all classes, including labs and clinical sections for all nursing programs.
- Collaborate with the Student Services Administrator to confirm course placements for transfer students into the BSN Nursing Program.
- P e r f o rm o th e r d ut i es as assig n e d .
To p er f o rm th is j ob s u cc ess fu lly, a n i nd iv i du al m u st b e a b l e t o p e r f orm e a c h ess e nt ial d ut y sa t is f ac t o rily. T h e r e q u i r e m e n t s lis t ed b el o w a re r ep r e s e nt a t ive of t h e kn o w le d ge, s k ill, a n d / or a b ili t y r e q u ire d . Reas o n a b le ac c omm o d a t io n s m ay b e m a d e t o e n a b le i n d ivi du als w i t h d isa b il i t ies t o p e r f orm t h e esse n t ial f u n c t i o n s.
- Health Care Experience Required
- Minimum of 1 year of organizational experience. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact successfully with variable groups of hospital liaisons, clinical educators, faculty, and administrative staff persons in multiple settings.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Fluency in written communication to create documents and reports.
- Fluency in computer use and internet navigation, including Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational, time management, and record keeping skills.
- Mu st b e w illi n g t o c o n s e n t t o a b ac k gr oun d c h eck.
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a
1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.