Come join our Supply Chain/Operations team in the exciting world of coffee!
Are you looking to gain meaningful supply chain career experience with a fully integrated manufacturing company? Join MZB-USA's Operations team this summer and take responsibility for projects that matter. You'll assist the team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives, becoming an instrumental part of daily operations activities such as reporting, analytics, and sourcing support for new product and process development.
As an intern at MZB USA, you will gain exposure to the many functions within the Operations group and collaborate on projects with departments across the company, providing you with a valuable, real life business experience. In addition to these accomplishments, you will have the opportunity to learn about our company culture, interact with senior leadership, and develop your professional network.
- Provide assistance to the production facility to analyze production issues, propose countermeasures and resolve issues
- Improve productivity by performing ergonomic evaluations, time studies, simulation, and line balancing
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
- Revising and documenting manufacturing processes, tooling, and quality procedures as required
- Develop understanding of quality requirements to meet internal quality standards and external regulatory requirements
- Develop understanding of plant maintenance and engineering requirements
- Develop understanding of environmental, health and safety regulations and compliance
- Participate and promote in a continuous improvement environment
- Collaborate across production departments, quality, production control and engineering to provide best in class product quality
- Sophomore/Junior/Senior level college student enrolled in an Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering program or Food Safety program
- High level of analytical ability to solve complex issues
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and diagnose problems effectively
- Solid project management/organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking and prioritization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills to work with others with varying levels of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with any Mechanical, Electrical and/or PLC computer software a plus