Performs journeyman level work in the installation, programming, maintenance, modification and repair of University controls for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and related systems. This position is considered essential personnel and could require emergency duty during hurricanes or other emergency situations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, modifies, installs, and repairs control systems associated with campus heating,
ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment in a timely fashion. This includes pneumatic and DDC controls Key components. Troubleshooting and repair of HVAC control
systems. Installation of new HVAC control devices, wiring, and equipment.
- Programming control systems for new equipment installation or upgrading existing controls. Building control system graphical interfaces to university standards. Integrating existing or outdated systems to new control server.
- Operating HVAC control systems when Energy Management Technician is absent. Maintaining HVAC control system equipment, programming, graphics, and sensors.
- Supporting the energy management team to reduce energy consumption by modifying control systems, installing new equipment, or programming sequences of operation.
- Attends and actively participates in training opportunities provided by the department. Works overtime as needed.