This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
This position is located in Acquisition and Grants Office (AGO), with many vacancies in Norfolk, VA, Kansas City, MO, Boulder, CO, Silver Spring, MD and Seattle, WA.
As a Contract Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Perform complex research and development, critical state-of-the-art or scarce requirements, advanced studies and other similar procurements of a highly specialized nature within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), as well as other bureaus within the Department of Commerce (DoC).
- Planning, negotiations, awards, modifications, and settlement of claims and terminations of assigned procurements.
- Manage assigned contracts, leases, grants, and interagency and cooperative agreements within NOAA and DoC;
- Use a wide variety of cost and fixed-price contracts and multi-year contracts;
- Develop and/or review complex pricing arrangements;
- Audit or review major acquisitions of similar complexity, present findings, recommend corrective actions and policy or procedure improvements;
- Conduct meetings with contractors on sensitive and/or acquisition related issues as a contractual representative when warranted;
- Advise next level management on the status of procurement actions, including problems encountered and proposed solutions.
These duties are described at the FPL GS-12, the GS-11 is developmental leading to such performance.