The SE&SE FCG program is designed to provide an exciting and rewarding professional development experience for entry-level college graduates that enables them to establish a foundation for a fulfilling and successful career at Ford Motor Company. The FCG experience will provide:
- Meaningful and challenging opportunities for FCG's to learn and contribute to the business priorities
- Rotational assignments that build and strengthen sustainability, environment and safety core competencies
- Opportunities for FCG's to leverage the network of leaders, mentors and other FCG
To begin your program, you are assigned a "home" organization based on your interests, background and our business needs. You will be assigned a mentor, a member of the SE&SE management within your area, to advise and guide you through a core set of developmental assignments over 36 months. These assignments are structured to develop your skills and help to build your understanding of your home organization, SE&SE, and our key deliverables. You will also interact with other activities such as Product Development, Manufacturing, and Information Technology to enhance your understanding of Ford's structure and processes. Your development will be further supported by a number of technical and professional training opportunities. Once you complete the program, you will be placed within your home organization to continue building your engineering career and developing technical expertise. Our "home" organizations include:
- Automotive Safety Office (ASO)
- Environmental Quality Office (EQO)
- Sustainability & Vehicle Environmental Matters (S&VEM)
- Vehicle Homologation & Compliance (VH&C)
In ASO, we leverage our engineering, regulatory and analytics expertise in global vehicle safety to establish policies, develop strategies and provide independent oversight to protect our customers and strengthen Ford's reputation. We actively contribute technical advice to government agencies regarding safety rulemaking. We also provide technical analysis to corporate counsel on product litigation.
In EQO, we ensure that all of our Company production facilities comply with environmental requirements. We also implement innovative environmental initiatives to reduce waste and pollution.
In S&VEM, we are exploring new business opportunities that may result from external climate change and social trends, including an emerging approach to sustainable urban transportation and industry development to address the mobility and accessibility needs of growing urban populations worldwide.
In VH&C, we ensure that our cars and trucks comply with all vehicle safety, emissions, and fuel economy, and on-board diagnostics regulations. We actively contribute technical advice to government agencies regarding environmental rulemaking.
- Must have successfully completed an engineering internship with Ford Motor Company within the past 24 months
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master's Degree in one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation date by May 2019
- Willing to relocate to Southeast Michigan
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills