At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. After more than 100 years, we continue to build an exciting viable company delivering profitable growth for all. On top of our full product line-up of the best cars and trucks in the world, and our strong business, we are committed to building a better world through cutting-edge technologies, community service, charitable donations and educational programs. Ford is a place where development is valued for all, and employees are encouraged to learn, build skills and continuously improve year-after-year. Come be a part of Ford's Skilled and Motivated Team, the best team in the automotive industry.Position Duties
Ford Motor Company's Information Technology's 10-12 week summer internship opportunity is for college Sophomores or Juniors pursuing technical Bachelor; or Master's Degree students in a technical field.
The intern program within IT evaluates students by offering them summer employment with meaningful and challenging assignments. If you have a successful internship you could receive an offer of full-time employment in our Information Technology Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program. Our FCG Program is a developmental and rotational program designed to provide key competency development and ongoing training to prepare individuals for an Information Technology career at Ford Motor Company/Ford Motor Credit Company.Minimum Requirements
Preferred Requirements for Sophomore Candidates:
- Candidates must be Sophomore or Junior College Students pursuing a Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science; or candidates pursuing a Master's Degree in a Technical field (i.e. Computer Science)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for work prior to September 2020 (September 2021 for Sophomore level candidates)
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Analytical and creative problem solving situations
- Drive to research, learn, and implement new technologies
- Work well in a small team and be flexible to work on any aspect of the project as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ford Scholarship Recipient preferred (STEM, Blue Oval and Vehicle Team)
We believe that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford Information Technology (IT) is shaping the future of mobility by redefining the transportation landscape, enhancing the customer experience and improving people's lives. Join the Ford family as we change the way the world moves.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.