Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager. Maintains all aspects of Nursing Assistant. Demonstrates competency as unit coordinator/secretary, provides clerical support, coordinates general unit activity and communicates clearly with all disciplines. Acts as preceptor as appropriate.Responsibilities:
1. Performs all functions of the Nursing Assistant 1. Floats where required in order to maintain high quality patient care.
2. Implements the nursing orders promptly and adequately with understanding of the purpose of each order as it relates to the patient's plan of care.
3. Performs unit-related activities and/or clerical duties necessary to assist the nursing staff.
4. Demonstrates competency in at least one additional function such as; phlebotomy, monitor tech, unit coordinator, transfer mobility coach. Acts as preceptor as appropriate.
5. Maintains a clutter free environment on all patient care units and in general visitor areas.
6. Prepares patients for and provides transport to designated locations based on requests by departments. Provide transportation within the hospital for patients being discharged.
7. Assists the department in ensuring that all equipment is readily available, properly cleaned, maintained, repaired and stored.
8. Maintains order of patient records including data management and chart maintenance. Records pertinent information in log books and aggregates this data with the assistance of manager or clinical leader.
9. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and patient records.
10. Coaches new staff in service excellence standards.
11. Formulates and uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients and significant others.
12. Works as a Safety Companion/Patient Sitter by providing a safe environment to specific patients.
13. Appropriately uses all communication technology.
14. Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
15. Follows Western Connecticut Health Network standards of service excellence. Maintains 6 hours of continuing education.
16. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:
For internal candidates: One year of experience at DHS. Current PEP rating of 3 or better. Must maintain skills necessary such as Basic Life Support (BLS) to keep competencies current. Must be certified as an NA 2 each year. For external caMinimum Experience:
New Milford-21 Elm StWork Schedule:
Day 8Exempt from Overtime:
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odors, nose, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.