Welcome to Western Connecticut Health Network, a comprehensive group of Hospitals, Medical Practices and Home Care designed to know our patients well. WCHN is comprised of Danbury, New Milford, and Norwalk Hospital as well as Western Connecticut Home Care, and Western Connecticut Medical Group. We are united by our mission to improve the health and well-being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking qualified and compassionate individuals to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve.Summary:
Using manual and automated scientific techniques, analyzes patient specimens that result in clinical information used by health care workers to diagnose and treat patients.Responsibilities:
1. Performs tests to analyze patient specimens according to section specific policy and procedure. Maintains competency in all identified sections.
2. Interprets/enters data to prepare a patient laboratory report. Communicates and documents all critical and significant results in accordance with laboratory policy. Keeps team members and customers adequately informed.
3. Maintains biomedical equipment according to laboratory policy..Performs, documents and completes required daily, weekly and monthly maintenance.
4. Performs QC/QA to ensure quality test results. Maintains reagent inventory, labels and stores reagents appropriately; dating when received, opened and expiration.
5. Identifies and resolves problems that arise. Communicates well with other staff members and our customers to ensure excellent and appropriate follow up.
6. Instructs new staff members, on the job trainees, residents and students. Documents teaching and training appropriately to ensure required documentation for accreditating agencies.
7. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.Other information:Required:Minimum Experience:
zero to six monthsDesired:
Graduate of Medical Technology Program. Previous work experience. American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) certification preferred or eligible.Location:
Danbury-24 Hospital AveWork Schedule:
Eve/Night 8Exempt from Overtime:
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.