This person works directly with residents teaching new skills and helping residents who exhibit challenging behaviors. This person assists residents in completing routines including dressing, bathing, and toileting and documents programs, behavior charts, and log notes. This person is responsible for supervising the residents, ensuring a safe and healthy environment, and participating in community teaching and recreation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the mission, values, policies and procedures of Roundup Fellowship.
- Supervise residents at home and in community settings ensuring their safety.
- Assist residents to complete daily routines and programs.
- Intervene in behavior management as indicated in individual crisis intervention and behavior modification programs.
- Maintain professional communication with supervisors, other team members, family members, schools, therapists, and other professionals or significant others.
- Complete appropriate documentation including log notes, program data, and incident reports.
- Perform basic cleaning duties to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum age of 21.
- High school graduate (or equivalent) with one year experience in human services OR Two years of college level course work.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language for required paperwork, testing, and professional communication.
- Colorado Driver's license and the ability to drive a 10 passenger vehicle.
- Satisfactory Central Registry and CBI record check.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure while dealing with a variety of emotions and frustrations.
- Requires scheduling flexibility.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively with respect and tact in order to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate plans, prepare materials.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Requires sufficient range of physical strength, endurance, and mobility to assist in personal care of residents, household activities and behavioral interventions.
- Requires adequate range of hearing and vision to properly supervise residents.
- Requires mental flexibility, emotional stability, personal maturity, and creativity in dealing with difficult situations.
Salary: See salary matrix.