We are seeking a senior process engineer to join the laser process engineering team in our Fremont fab. Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of compound semiconductor wafer processes and tools with a focus on thin film deposition tools, specifically PVD / PECVD. You will develop, integrate, and continuously improve the diode laser process.
- Design and develop improved and robust processes within the integrated laser process flow.
- Specify, procure and bring up new wafer fab equipment.
- Tool and process owner for key processes in PVD.
- Work instructions and training of new engineers as well as process technicians.
- SPC monitoring and implementation towards continuous improvement of laser products.
- Help drive development by facilitating rapid turn short-loop feedback cycles.
- Hands-on process implementation and tool optimization - significant time on the fab floor.
- Support quality programs both sustaining as well as in preparation for major audits or certifications.
Experience and Skills
- BS or graduate degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant Physical Science
- Industry experience in semiconductor manufacturing or a university lab.
- Experience with several of the following processes and tools: PECVD, E-beam, Sputter, ellipsometer, SEM and AFM / profilometers.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Strong data analysis ability
- Large dataset process analysis using software such as JMP or Minitab
- Experience in a quality certified environment, i.e. ISO9001, 5S, 8D, lean six sigma
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work in a startup environment outside the scope of standard job duties and past experience
- Hands on experience performing basic preventative maintenance and tool repairs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel as classified.
Keyword: Thin Films, PECVD Engineer
From: SLD Laser