Raytheon's Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is seeking talented and passionate engineers to design and support a wide variety of missile avionics and electrical subsystems.Job Description:
Raytheon Missile Systems is the world's largest missile producer responsible for the design, test, manufacturer, and support of weapon systems supporting our US warfighter and international allies. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains a set of advanced and purpose designed electrical subsystems. These enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking system functions. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems design, test and production.
ESD is seeking recent college graduates (within past 18 months)
with the skills and passion to engineer complex systems, subsystems and components. A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes.
Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs, subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations to peers, Raytheon management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
A depth of interest and understanding in one or more electrical technologies will make the candidate a possible fit in our electrical product technology group. These technologies include: optics, infrared systems, RF electronics, digital processing systems, FPGA/VHDL, analog, power, detailed circuit design and electronic product manufacturer and packaging.
A candidate with interests, studies, research or experiences which are technically broad will be a possible fit in our electrical subsystems group. These could include one or more of the following experiences: hands on laboratory work with hardware and software, subsystem integration and testing, a focus on system interactions and industrial engineering, system / subsystem modeling and analysis, investigating defects and developing root cause and corrective actions.
All Candidates will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Skills:
- A broad understanding of hardware, firmware, software, components, and subsystems.
- A desire to understand how parts of an electronic subsystem interact.
- Be able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both written and oral.
- Be able to convey advanced and complex technical concepts to scientists or managers, including government customers.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Have an engineer's curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Upper level course work in one or more of the following areas: circuit design, VHDL coding, digital signal processing, power electronics, control theory, radio frequency electronics or optical design.
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, System Vision, MATLAB, and Mathcad.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Previous Intern experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Experience in detailed hardware design.
- Experience in integration and test of CCAs and firmware, and into higher-level assemblies.
- Good written and oral communication abilities
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer skills.
- Familiarity and knowledge of system engineering and analysis
- Good Analysis and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well in teams and to multi-task
- A current Top-Secret DoD security clearance.
Bachelors of Science degree in one of the following fields: Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Design, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.Desired Education (including Major):
ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is desired. Must be a recent (past 18 months) or an upcoming college graduate.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***Check us out on YouTube:.Small Diameter Bomb II employed from a Joint Strike FighterRaytheon Top Ten for Organizations for Multicultural Business OpportunitiesGlobal Presence Raytheon's Global PartnershipsAdditional information about RMS and Tucson, AZRaytheon Company Overview2015 MATHCOUNTS National Competition HighlightsThe Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by RaytheonTomahawk Missile Flight TestingRaytheon's Griffin® missile showcases multiple capabilitiesMissile Systems and Tucson, AZ
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.