The MRC Coordinator's role is to support the distribution activities of the MRC in coordination with the Director of Community Services and the Director of Volunteers. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Community Services. The Coordinator will be responsible for setting up site visits, scheduling volunteers and gathering donations for the MRC.
Additional program duties include tracking and reporting distribution activities, responding to requests for information, picking up and transporting donations and providing and identifying additional uses of the MRC.
- Coordinate site visits for the MRC by identifying areas of highest need in Diocese and schedule direct service outreach activities for the MRC on a monthly basis.
- Develop relationships with local contacts at each site who can help with outreach activities, including local volunteer recruitment and marketing.
- Schedule volunteers to assist with the MRC, to include donation management, loading and unloading, driving the MRC and direct services to clients.
- Manage donations from parishes, individuals and others to ensure regular and seasonal items are available to distribute.
- Organize donated supplies at storage site to allow for inventory counts and easy loading and unloading of the MRC.
- Provide back-up transportation for the MRC if a volunteer driver is not available.
- Work with the Office for Volunteers to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Provide volunteer orientation to new volunteers.
- Coordinate the delivery and pick-up of the MRC with CCUSA.
- Monitor condition and usage of the MRC. Report any concerns or needed repairs to the Director of Community Services.
- Document the activities of the MRC, including documentation of site visits, client demographics, and donation counts; maintain filing of intake documents; submit reports on distribution activities.
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, case conferences, division meetings and trainings as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree with one year of general experience preferably in human or social service setting; or High school graduate and a combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with people coming from a variety of economic, cultural and faith backgrounds.
- This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs up the stairs.
- A flexible work schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours will be required.
- Additional Qualifications: Possession of a valid Virginia Driver's License and ability to provide your own transportation.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.Top of Form