As a Field Service Intern, you will work with experienced Engineers to observe, learn and perform various service processes & procedures to drive customer satisfaction and ensure proper functionality of Life Sciences manufacturing and research equipment.
We are seeking one Intern, for a 9-12 month paid internship, in each of the following areas: Greater San Francisco, CA; Greater Indianapolis, IN; and Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Southeast New York.
- Work within customer sites or the Marlborough Repair Shop to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment issues and implement appropriate repairs.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance on designated equipment.
- Perform safety and environmental inspections ensuring compliance to Environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
- Complete necessary service and repair documentation following customer requirements and GE policies & procedures.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration; enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of equipment.
- Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within his/her assigned area
- Current student or recent graduate of no more than 6 months from an A.S. or B.S. in
Electronics, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
- Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history and educational background.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic life sciences or electronic equipment.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
- Experience interfacing with team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Change agent and process oriented.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with
more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For
more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare - Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare -
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; California, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania; Greater San Francisco, CA, Greater Indianapolis, IN, Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Southeast New York,
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.