BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Product Management & Marketing Intern to join our growing team! The Product Management and Marketing Internship program at BioFire Diagnostics is designed to provide post-baccalaureate candidates exposure to the In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) industry. Individuals with business experience and a desire to work in a technical industry, or candidates with a technical background in biological sciences interested in gaining business experience are encouraged to apply.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Product Management and Marketing Intern will work directly with BioFire's Product Managers on projects such as:
- Tactical execution
- Competitive intelligence
- Promotional messaging
- Market assessment and segmentation
- Marketing program assessment
- Customer profiling
- New product launch support
- Marketing operations support
- General strategic planning support
At the end of the internship, the selected candidate will be expected to make a formal presentation detailing their work and providing recommendations to improve BioFire's strategic marketing.
Training and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in biology, chemistry, marketing, or related field is a required.
- Candidates enrolled in an MBA or other science related master's program are preferred.
- Requires 1+ year of experience in a marketing or other business-related discipline, or 1+ year of experience within clinical laboratory discipline. Candidates currently pursuing an MBA may substitute education for experience.
- The knowledge of molecular and microbiology laboratory techniques such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), is highly preferred.
- Proactive attitude, ambition, and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate or present technical information to a general audience.
- Time management.
- Problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Should be comfortable and have experience, presenting technical information to audience with various levels of scientific.
Physical Requirements: Should be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.