Join the Breakthrough Schools Summer 2019 IT Tech Squad Internship. You will have the opportunity to learn IT, grow professionally and build your resume. The position will be based at the Breakthrough Schools Support Team Office (located near downtown Cleveland) and interns may also have work assignments at our 11 schools. This is a one-month internship (month of June 2019) with the possibility of continuation through August 2019
Key Responsibilities - What will you do in this internship?
- Assist the IT Team in cleaning up technology for the new school year
- Powerwashing, enrolling, and labelling Chromebooks
- Configuring and deploying iPads
- Assist the IT Team in providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware and software.
- Support the following devices: Windows and Apple desktops and laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, interactive whiteboards, and printers
- Learn to provide excellent customer service through professional, courteous, reliable behavior
- Assist the IT Team in tracking and tagging hardware assets and deploying new technology
- Communicate proactively and appropriately with IT and Breakthrough colleagues
Requirements - Who are we looking for?
- Minimum age: 14 years old
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours a week
- Current middle, high school or college student enrolled in a degree program and actively working toward an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum GPA: 3.0, STEM coursework is a plus
- Ability to commute between schools within the network
- General proficiency using computers and Microsoft Office Products, including Excel and Word
- Written, oral and listening skills; organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment or independently as department needs dictate
- Complete the online application and digital interview
- One letter of recommendation from a science or math teacher (upload with online application)
- A current unofficial transcript (upload with online application); official transcript will be requested upon acceptance
- All summer interns will be required to successfully pass a BCI and FBI criminal record check
Breakthrough Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.