Partner with assigned customers to provide quality service efficiently while achieving maximum sales and keeping cost controlled.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Develop and implement action plans to team members with assistance from the Supervisor and/or Account Manager on merchandising projects.
- Timely travel from account to account for new store openings, resets, stocking and rotating product. Overnight stays may be required based on customer needs.
- Responsible for maintaining effective business relationships between customers, merchandisers and account managers.
- Review and process recaps of all activities and send to Account Manager upon completion of projects.
- Assist with promotional presentations and sales programs as assigned by the Account Manager.
- Ability to read, understand and implement store specific plan-o-grams along with being creative when plan-o-grams are not available.
- Responsible for effectively displaying store products within deadlines and budget.
- Process merchandise returns and issue credits according to company policy.
- Ensure the neat and orderly appearance of UNFI products.
- Follow through on customer product requests.
- Responsible for interpreting, facilitating and completing internal reports.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Provides backup for other merchandisers or sales reps when needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience
- Valid driver's license necessary
- Auto insurance levels that meet UNFI requirements
- Prior customer service experience in a retail setting
- Working Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
- Basic math abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day
- Drive to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products
- Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt
- Ability to lift up to 50