$11.75/hour - 1 Position
Recreation Assistant Intern will work with Parks and Recreation staff to provide ongoing program coordination assistance for the department's summer programs. Incumbent will aid in quality control and will be responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, scheduling, and implementation of specialized recreation programs and facilities for youth/teens, adults, seniors and families in the areas of sports, fitness, wellness, camps, aquatics, outdoor adventure, education, special events, facility rentals and/or other specialized interest areas. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student who desires hands-on experience in the recreation field. Recreation Assistant will work directly under the Recreation Specialists to assist in developing and overseeing aspects of summer programs. This includes but not limited to; planning, coordination, scheduling, operations, and participating in numerous summer camps and programs. Interns should be excellent role models, positive, creative, safety-conscious, and have knowledge of a variety of activities and sports. Intern may serve and help direct camp staff when additional oversight or assistance is needed. Dates of employment are May 2019 through August 18, 2019. Incumbent subject to pre-employment background check and drug test. Position salary is $11.75 an hour with the possibility of housing options may be available.Required Duties:
- Intern will assist in the development, coordination, scheduling, and implementation of recreation programs and special events.
- Assist in evaluating program success and recommend improvements or changes for the future.
- Work alongside program staff during on-field programs and events.
- Will assist in other programs and areas of Parks and Recreation as needed.
- Intern will work directly with and supervise other seasonal employees.
- Intern will report directly to Recreation Specialists.
- Assist other members of Parks and Recreation staff as needed.
- May be required to work some nights and weekends.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING.
- Working towards a degree in Parks and Recreation, Sports Management or Education/Youth Development or related degree
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership skills
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Most possess a Valid Driver's License
- Experience in managing multiple tasks while maintaining timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be PC proficient with experience in MS Word, Power Point and advanced Excel skills
- The ability to work 20-40 hours per week; nights and weekends as needed