Bridge Engineering Intern
Job Description Parsons is seeking an Engineering Intern in our rapidly expanding bridge and tunnel practice. If you want an internship experience with a dynamic and innovative team working on large, marquee bridge projects that change the urban fabric of communities, this opportunity is for you! Parsons is now accepting applications for a Bridge Engineering Intern.
The selected candidate will have the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and will have exceptional communication, calculation, and organizational skills. Under the direction of an experienced engineer, you will apply your basic civil and/or structural engineering knowledge, and AutoCAD and/or MicroStation drafting skills, to bridge projects. For example, the assignments may include drafting basic arrangements, Layouts, etc. from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information. Additionally, you will utilize technical manuals to assure code compliance - such as AASHTO - as well as Parsons' standards. You will also be engaged in preparing engineering reports, engineering calculations and computations, and construction cost estimates. Your interest in bridge engineering, thirst for technical knowledge, and willingness to collaborate within a team environment will be keys to your success.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies. Becomes familiar with various standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4th year nearing completion of undergraduate studies in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering OR currently enrolled in an MS Structural Engineering Program at an accredited college or university
- Understanding and use of AutoCAD or MicroStation preferred
- Demonstrated interest in the transportation industry preferred
- Strong calculation abilities, organizational and planning skills
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.