CNA / Hospice Aide
At CIMA Hospice, we have a unique opportunity to play a huge role in the growth of an entire home care industry. We're a part of a new enterprise joined by three market leaders to become one of the nation's largest home-based care providers. Here, each employee has the chance to make a real difference.
Who you are……
- You are naturally compassionate and have the ability to empathize with the suffering of another human being.
- You have the physical stamina to provide assistance and care for those who cannot do for themselves.
- You demonstrate maturity, and possess the ability to deal effectively with the varying demands of patient care.
What you'll do…..
- Provide a variety of services to hospice patients and their families, primarily in conjunction with or under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist with various personal care issues including changing bedding, changing clothing, bathing hospice patients and helping with hygienic routines such as brushing teeth, washing hair and keeping wounds and dressings cleaned.
- Assist a patient's family members in caring for their terminally ill relative by instructing them on how to go about performing basic health-care routines.
- When you work in direct contact with patients, your ability to be compassionate helps you understand the patient's condition and what you need to do to make the patient as comfortable as possible.