The James H. Quillen VA Medical Center's William C. Tallent VA Outpatient Clinic in Knoxville, TN is seeking a well qualified Clinical Psychologist to serve in our Outpatient Mental Health Clinic, serving the mental health needs of our veteran patients. Specific duties of the position will be listed below.
This Announcement will remain open until filled and may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Applicants will be referred to the hiring manager as they are received and this announcement may close without advanced notice.
The duties of a full performance level, GS-13 Clinical Psychologist in the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a full range of psychodiagnostic services including assessment and using the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care;
- Providing direct patient contact including psychological assessment and treatment planning, individual psychotherapy/assessment sessions, and family/caregiver stress therapy sessions;
- Performing evaluations for patients with a variety of psychological, mood and personality disorders. Evaluations can be performed for clinical or administrative purposes, including Compensation and Pension Examinations, as directed by the Chief of Psychology or designated Supervisory Psychologist;
- Providing psychological assessments and individual and group psychotherapy for patients in the Knoxville Outpatient Clinic and elsewhere, as assigned;
- Providing a full-range of therapeutic interventions including: individual and family psychotherapy, caregiver stress support, cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal and other forms of evidence based psychotherapy within the residential setting;
- Providing supervision of trainees conducting direct clinical care;
- Consulting with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues;
- Remaining involved in program evaluation and/or research activities;
- Providing administrative duties including attending organizational meetings; and,
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
Typically Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM. Saturday rotations will be required (typically 2 or 3 per year). Compressed tours may be available. Tour changes may be required to fulfill the needs of the service, and are at the discretion of the Chief Medical Officer at the Outpatient ClinicFi nancial Disclosure Report: