The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other healthcare professional to provide quality, cost-effective and efficient care and to achieve the best possible patient outcome. Serves as a resource person when the situation requires. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients of the Long Term Care Facility.
- Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.
- New graduates accepted. One (1) year experience within hospital or long-term care setting preferred.
- Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as an RN. Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course
- Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, computer, fax machine, etc.) Medical equipment such as Dynamapp, thermometers, Datascope, Pulse Oximetry
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team. Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905