The University of Southern California (USC) department of Facilities Management Services (FMS) - CAD Services is seeking a Facilities BIM Engineering Specialist to join its team.
FMS is a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who provide high quality facilities maintenance and management services in support of education and research at USC. FMS is committed to being fully responsive to the needs of faculty, students, staff and public, who are our customers. FMS strives to cooperate fully with all campus constituents to provide a functional and efficient facilities operation for the university. FMS values employee recognition, accountability, collaboration, respect, and trust. Learn more about FMS at: www.usc.edu/fms and http://bit.ly/workingatfms
The Facilities BIM Engineering Specialist coordinates Building Information Modeling (BIM) activities for FMS and university units. Plans and leads in the development and assists in the management of program procedures and standards. Leads and supervises students in field verification Architectural and MEPF model and related document production for space and building life cycle management. Researches and coordinates the acquisition of BIM and related data, software, and hardware systems and delivery of program-related projects, data, and activities.
The ideal candidate for the position of Facilities BIM Engineering Specialisthas the following:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management; Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of directly related professional experience in planning, leading, coordinating and assisting in the management of BIM development, including use of Revit, AutoCAD, Meridian, Navisworks, COBie, EcoDomus.
- Experience in the use of Archibus Revit Extensions, Dynamo, Autodesk BIM 360 tools as applied to Facilities Management, Design, and Construction.
- Experience in diverse, fast paced, customer service oriented environment
- Coordinate the acquisition and assist in the management of data as it relates to building information models for the purpose of Architectural Space Management and MEPF whole building life cycle management.
- Assist in short/long term planning and design of program direction and objectives. Plan, develop, and implement program-related project goals and strategies. Coordinate and assist in the management of facilities unit's BIM activities and projects.
- Coordinate the maintenance of hardware and systems.
- Provides a professional service in support of a university program. Assists program management with administrative functions covering planning, budgeting, proposal development, and marketing of program services.
- Tests and evaluates the effectiveness of existing program content and services. Recommends and implements modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of program goals and objectives.
- Researches and identifies client or beneficiary needs and recommends program modifications or creation of new programs and services. Assists in the design and delivery of programs, services and special events.
- Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to staff, student workers, volunteers, and/or graduate assistants. Leads others in the planning and delivery of services, activities and special events. Develops and conducts program-focused training and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees.
- Interfaces with faculty, researchers and staff for committee work or information exchange regarding program services or content.
- Researches the market and develops marketing strategies to promote program. Creates information materials and plans activities and events to support marketing strategies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of program policies and procedures.
- Stays informed of developments in field. Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings and participates in professional associations as appropriate. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts.
- Coordinates program services with other offices and staff on campus. Serves as a resource for program information. Represents program on university committees as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Come and join the FMS team - a team that works as trusted partners shaping an environment of innovation and excellence.