What We're Looking For
Our in-house SEO Team manages a portfolio of websites for our higher education partners across numerous edu verticals. 2U is seeking an experienced SEO Analyst to develop and implement SEO strategy across several Higher Education Verticals
This is a highly technical, strategic and managerial role that contributes not only to specific program SEO strategy but also to higher level vertical strategy with expectations of mastery. The SEO Analyst is expected to be a marketing thought leader internally as well as externally with School Partners.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
In the beginning as Program Lead for a 3-5 2U partner programs:
- Perform site level optimization: improving site structure, page construction, compelling SEO copywriting, updating metadata
- Perform keyword research: keyword lists and content/keyword mapping
- Prioritize SEO initiatives for the most impact
- Take initiative in problem solving
- Take personal responsibility for website performance
- Support internal Inbound Marketing team on digital campaigns
- Act as evolving knowledge base for scalable link-building best practices
- Identify KPIs & set achievable authority goals
- Benchmark competitors' marketing efforts
- Communicate changing organic search landscape
- Set inbound strategies and ensure execution meets current best practices
- Perform SEO maintenance on a portfolio of websites
- Monitor SEO performance by using SEO platform (including BrightEdge).
- Analyze backlink profiles using Majestic SEO and other tools
Vertical Lead for 1-2 verticals that 2U Partners operate in you will:
- Develop and contribute to vertical specific institutional knowledge
- Communicate program-centric initiatives & strategies to Director
- Seek continuous improvement in all deliverables, templates, and processes
- Act as the face of SEO for your Vertical to 2U counterparts
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Digital Marketing in your specific vertical
- Indirectly manage SEO leads on programs in similar verticals
- Assure quality of SEO lead's deliverables
- Validate accuracy of lead's analysis
- Review & provide regular feedback
- Work with our university partners to educate them on digital marketing best practices
- Work to achieve shared goals around search visibility & efficacy of visits
- Ensure white-hat techniques that respect the legacy of these venerable institutions
- Deliver monthly SEO analysis coinciding with department specific SEO reports
- Take part in university meetings to establish trust and demonstrate expertise
- Take point on all new program launches in your vertical
- Co-Chair an SEO Utility (centralized key shared functions that are utilized across all programs)
- Develop utility roadmap and interaction model
- Project manage releases in an efficient manner
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree (in a business, data, or communications related field is a plus)
- 2-4 years SEO/Organic search marketing experience (Edu, Lead Generation or Digital Agency a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) & inbound marketing techniques and their evolution
- Proven track record of scalable SEO tactics that are ROI positive
- Successful advocacy for organic search & inbound marketing in your last organization
- Deep understanding of:
- Google Analytics, Webmaster and other third-party keyword research, SEO and optimization tools.
- Current data visualization tools, Tableau preferred.
- Brightedge (or similar SEO platform: Conductor, Searchmetrics)
- Majestic (or similar: Moz, Ahrefs)
- A web analytics platform (Google Analytics preferred)
- Google Adwords
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and user experience techniques
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid & organic search works together
- Experience with using data visualization to drive SEO business goals
- Must be an organic search activist with the enthusiasm to teach and a patience for those that need extra time.
- Developed Excel and data management skills
- The ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- Expert interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross functional teams
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail, and organization
- The ability to multi-task and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Ability to work well in a team, to excel as an individual, all while maintaining a sense of humor
- Attention to detail as a point of pride
- Creative problem solving
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world's best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.