Come work for a Top 100 Workplace! Experience the fun of working in the entertainment industry at Canterbury Park - home to live horse racing every summer and year round action in our Card Casino, Racebook and Expo Center.
Canterbury Park offers competitive pay and benefits for FT & PT employees; including PT PTO and holiday premium pay. Employees also receive free live racing admission, perks of special events and a variety of local & Canterbury Park discounts.
Assist the Sr. Director of Racing Operations with various functions related to live racing at Canterbury Park. To gain the most experience from the internship, individuals are encouraged to spend time shadowing several professionals within the Racetrack Management Team to learn about all facets of the racing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Sr. Director of Racing Operations with general administrative duties and work on special projects related to racing operations.
- Work with Racing Secretary and the Racing Department to assist with various administrative duties involved with executing the live racing program.
- Assists in answering general questions from patrons and horsemen.
- May assist other departments with the day to day duties involved with executing our live racing meet.
- Ensure work area is safe for employees and customers.
- Follow our Fun & GAMES customer service model with customers and fellow co-workers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Must have a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Pursuing or has acquired an Associate or Bachelor's degree related to Racetrack Management.
- General knowledge of horse racing.
- Flexible schedule if working hours need to be shifted.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include nights and weekends during the live race season May - September.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer