Language Data Specialist Intern
Santa Clara, CA
Job Description Language Data Specialist - Intern
Internship: Onsite full time for 2-3 months in our Santa Clara or Boulder. Open to university juniors, seniors and new grads.
We are looking for someone who loves languages and technology, is proficient in English and is a native, fluent speaker in any of the following languages:
We validate voice recordings and contribute phonetic and other linguistic input to train our speech and language models.
- English (US, UK, India)
- Arabic (Egyptian and Algerian - others possibly considered)
- Asian Indian (Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Kannada, Gujarati - others possibly considered)
- Portuguese (PT & BR)
Example projects include validating speech training data, working on our pronunciation dictionaries, phonetic transcriptions, data curation for ASR, and other work required to support the training of all our models. There also may be project coordination, Unix and Python scripting tasks available to candidates that demonstrate sufficient proficiency (all related to our language and linguistic work).
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of best practices and procedures.
You Must Be:
It's Beneficial If You:
- Eligible to work in the US and proficient in English
- Native and fluent in one of the languages listed above (written, verbal and grammar)
- Trained in language studies and/or have a language degree or have a degree in Linguistics or equivalent experience
- Extremely focused and enjoy completing detailed, repetitive data quality verification tasks daily, at a very high quality level
- Flexible and collaborative, but you can also work independently and enjoy taking on new tasks
- Accountable. You take 100% ownership with an extremely high attention to detail and follow through
- Intrigued by language and science, and the possibilities created when these two things meet
- Have experience as a data evaluator or have worked with training data for machine learning
- Are experienced working with data vendors
- Have data curation, data quality or software QA experience
- Have experience working with external business partners and vendors
- Have Unix, Python or C++ or other programming experience
- Have project management/coordination experience
- Are experienced with Google Docs, Excel and Jira
- Are a music lover and enjoy solving puzzles!
- Submit a cover letter
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our consumer product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning™ and Deep Meaning Understanding™ technologies to create a groundbreaking smartphone experience, and is the first product to build on the Houndify platform. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. Through the Houndify platform and Collective AI, we aim to bring voice-enabled AI to everyone and enable others to build on top of it. Our mission: Houndify everything.