The nurse will provide quality, safe, evidenced-based nursing care to achieve optimum outcomes both independently and as a valued team member of the practice. The nurse will follow the Nursing Process when providing patient care.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate Knowledge & skills necessary to provide care appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide care needed
- Performs Annual Wellness Visits, Advance Care Planning and Transitional Care Management call
- Triages walk-in patients and ensures appropriate disposition
- Answers and respond to telephone messages under the direction of the provider
- Assists providers in examinations or procedures
- Functions as a liaison between patients, physicians and staff to provide accurate communication
- Assures adequate coverage within unit
- Support the work of LPN and/or MA
- Assist with staff education and evaluation of clinical competencies for new and existing employees (MA & LPN)
- Assist with orientation of new personnel to ensure that they are properly trained to support patient and provider.
- Performs chart audits or has designee assist with chart audits
- Randomly shadows clinical support staff to ensure appropriate care is provided
- Support the site by acting as the liaison for JCAHO, POCT, Tracer monitor for Safe Practice Behavior Monitoring (SPBM) tools & JCAHO Tracers
- Administration of medications, monitoring of vital signs, and performing routine treatments and procedures prescribed by the physician when needed.
- Keeps current with policies and procedures and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in special projects
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Daily contact with patients, physicians, and other members of the medical and front office staff as well as other departments located within the Medical Group. Also interacts with outside medical offices and diagnostic centersDIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Nurse ManagerEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A graduate of a state approved or National League of Nursing accredited School of Nursing
RN license or eligible for licensure in the state Delaware or Pennsylvania & New Jersey if location of employment
Two years' experience as a RN, physician office experience preferred
BSN preferred; ADN considered with agreement of completion of BSN in 3 years
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware. This 241-bed, 622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health, pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex, which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center. Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet® designation, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin