I. Basic Function
Responsible for leasing apartments in accordance with policy and procedure set by First Housing Corporation and regulatory agents.
Assist management in measuring effectiveness of marketing programs and in making periodic market surveys.
Assist with other office/administrative duties as needed or requested.
Reports to On-Site Manager and Property Manager.
Establishes relationships with prospective residents.
Maintains relationships with current residents.
Maintains relationships with other staff members.
The activities listed below are not all-inclusive. However, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Leasing Consultant.
- Assist in development and replacement of advertising.
- Assist in development and implementation of special promotions.
- Assist in preparation of market surveys.
- Assist in preparation of weekly reports.
- Establishes rapport with each prospective resident.
- Determines needs of each prospective resident.
- Presents property and appropriate apartments in a manner consistent with the image of the property and relevant to the prospect.
- Obtains an acceptable closing ratio.
- Uses knowledge of property and community to overcome prospect objections.
- Follows up on undecided prospects.
- Assist in lease renewal procedure.
Implements resident retention program in accordance with company policy.
- Prepares lease package.
- Assist in collection of late rent and other monies due.
- Assist in move-in and move-out procedures.
- Assist with follow-up calls and on all maintenance requests.
- Responsible for all lease renewals.
- Assist in preparation of all legal forms.
- Displays flexibility regarding requests made of him/her. For example, new responsibilities may be given and old responsibilities may be changed.
- Recognize one's role as part of the administrative support team and function as same. This requires initiative to pitch in and help when the opportunity is presented.
- Required to attend educational seminars pertaining to their position and be versed in all Leasing Procedures and Selection Criteria including Fair Housing Compliance.
High School graduate.
Background in sales or leasing.
Three character references in the real estate or professional fields.
Good references as to ability, knowledge in the field, and proficiency from previous employers.
Good communication skills and an ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Work and Excel.
Ability to work with little direction maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
Willingness and ability to learn additional software packages as required and accept new responsibilities as requested.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members.
Maintains appearance compatible with image of property, positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive, and capable role model for co-workers.