Sr. Data Scientist
Amazon's Inventory Planning and Control (IPC) team is looking for data scientists with experience and aptitude in using large datasets, mathematics, and simulation tools to solve real world problems. IPC owns Amazon's global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much inventory we should carry to meet Amazon's strategic business goals and make our customers happy. We do this for billions of dollars of inventory across millions of items and hundreds of product lines world-wide. We're simultaneously developing the science of supply chain planning and solving some of the toughest computational challenges at Amazon. Our team members have an opportunity to work on some of the most difficult problems in the industry with some of the best scientists and software developers in the business, to drive real impact on Amazon's long-term success.
- Graduate degree (MS or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years' of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience with managing large and disparate data sources
- Familiarity with AWS data solutions such as S3 and Redshift
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available dat
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will discover and solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing simulations and experiments, creating models, and collaborating with colleagues in business, software, and research. The successful candidate will have a strong quantitative background and can thrive in an environment that leverages statistics, machine learning, operations research, econometrics, and business analysis.