ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
Accurately manufacture and supply all ASML products in accordance with the established specification statements. Make improvements to existing products and processes, and guide the implementation of new products and processes. Ensure quality and standardization while contributing to improvements in effectivity and efficiency.
- Without direct supervision, will fabricate, grind and/or polish precision plano optics using a variety of equipment. Must be able to verify accuracy of finished product, as well as support processes and product development.
- Grind and polish optics on conventional spindles, continuous grinders and polishers
- Perform blocking and unblocking of parts.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high value optics
- Measures work-piece for conformance to specifications
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies
- Follows written and verbal English work instructions that describe the process and the required measurements
- Possesses strong blueprint interpretation skills
- Familiarity with using the following measurement tools: micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gages, and pH meters
- Verify settings by regularly measuring parts before and after changes are made
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to supervisors and co-workers on all shifts
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Candidate will be required to wear PPE where appropriate and embrace the ASML 5S+1 requirements
High School or trade school graduate or G.E.D or equivalent experience
- Proven knowledge (3-7 Years) of machines and / or related technical experience
- Intermediate mathematical skills including use of basic math, geometry and trigonometry
- Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with Windows 7, MS Office & SAP
- Prior optical fabrication experience is required
- Strong analytical skills - capable of translating requirements into executable schedule
- Cross train and support cross functional groups.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and in small groups to operators, management and engineers
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, solvents grinding and polishing slurry
- May also be exposed to laser energy, magnetic fields and open flames
- Typically handles parts that could weigh up to 50 pounds
- Will be required to stand, sit, kneel and bend to load and unload the surfaces of the machine tools
- Production areas are maintained at 72 to 76 degrees and 40 to 50% relative humidity
- The noise level in the manufacturing areas is usually moderate
- Occasional travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer