Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent engineering professional with responsibility for managing detailed phases of projects with moderate size and complexity.
- Independently perform a variety projects or selected segments of larger projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Make design, engineering, and construction recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Perform quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluate complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
- Write and prepare routine and complex engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Participate in marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise graduate, field and project engineering staff.
- Work under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience.
- Master's degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.