We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world's first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
- Design and fabricate composite molds with an eye to manufacturability, production rates, cost
- Design and fabricate composite parts that can be made in quantity and within tolerances
- Work with suppliers to make molds which cannot be made in-house
- Optimize process flow for composite part manufacturing and assembly and improve tooling
- Aide with mechanical design and manufacturing design, flight testing tasks as required
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or similar
- Understanding of composites part design, material properties, fabrication, testing and implementation
- Proficient with solid-modeling, surface design CAD software
- Demonstrated hands-on design and fabrication experience through student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Demonstrated interest in composites manufacturing and part design
- Experience CATIA v5 CAD suite, solid modelling and surface modelling
- Understanding of how information technology fits into modern engineering design and manufacturing through PLM, MES, quality records etc.
- Demonstrated interest in making processes more efficient
- Demonstrated Interest in robotics, automation, aviation or aerospace
- Looking for an exciting career with large positive impact
- Strong work ethic and focus on timely project completion
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Finds self-actualization in good engineering design, implementation and pushing the envelope
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and willing to relocate to Palo Alto, CA. To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Mechanical Engineer (Composites Manufacturing) and your name in the subject line.