A student or recent graduate participating in on-the-job training. Providing opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in a field of study. Performs planned supervised work assignments.
- Supports and helps maintain the integrity of the GIS database.
- Enters, updates and removes facilities in the GIS based on work orders and other information.
- Shadow and learn from more experienced company members.
- Observes all safety requirements and actively participates in company safety initiatives, including weather briefings and events.
- Systematically run data quality checks in the GIS database.
- Currently enrolled in a 2-year Technical Degree Program
- Currently enrolled in (or successful completion of) Six (6) hours of Meteorology or Six (6) hours of GIS college course work.
- Valid State Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills and knowledge in use of personal computers and MS office products.
- Strong listening skills; ability to take direction.
- Ability to follow established procedures to accomplish requirements of job.
- Strong oral and written communicate skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and/or analyze reports.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong aptitude for working with computer applications.
- May require travel to company facilities including compression stations, measurement facilities and plants.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Required to work in both an office environment and outside weather conditions.