Nurse Aide Countryside Care & Rehab
Job Description The purpose of Minidoka Memorial Hospital is to provide and promote high-quality, compassionate, primary health care services and health education to residents of, and visitors to, the Mini-Cassia region. We provide excellent benefits and small town environment.
Countryside Care and Rehabilitation is seeking individuals who are interested in receiving their C.N.A. certification. As a Nurse Aide, MMH will pay for your tuition and books, equipment and supplies, testing fees, as well as pay to attend classes and job shadow.
Observe nursing staff in the following and only help as directed:
- Open and Honest Communication
- Establishment of a study schedule
- Pass C.N.A. testing and added to C.N.A. registry
- Commit to at least 1040 working hours at the facility
- Proof of graduation
- Assists with patient admissions, discharge and transfers.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower, whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the shift.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, commode and ambulating patients.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and snacks to patients as applicable.
- Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs and makes rounds of assigned patients.
- Transports patients to various departments for ordered tests/procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform procedures within the CNA scope of practice per state law.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, blood pressure and intake-output.
- Reports patient complaint of pain to supervising licensed nurse.
- Observes patient's mental and physical conditions, reports any changes to supervising licensed nurse.
- Knowledgeable of sterile techniques and infection prevention and control procedures.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Participates in patient care conferences.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to all medical staff.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Attends in-service education programs, as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, developmental skills etc.
- Treat patient and families with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Signed agreement to participate in the Idaho Caregiver Career Program.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Perceive the nature of sounds by the ear, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, perceive characteristics of objects through the eyes, extend arms and hands in any direction, seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands, pick, pinch, or otherwise work with fingers, perceive such attributes of objects or materials as size, shape, temperature, or texture; and stoop, kneel crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 20 pounds minimum with frequent lifting, carrying pushing, and pulling of objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Continuous walking and standing. Must be able to identify, match, and distinguish colors.