Registered Nurse, The Actors Fund Home
The Actors Fund Home, an assisted living, skilled nursing, accredited dementia care and subacute rehabilitation center located in Englewood, NJ, and a recipient of the U.S. News and World Report's coveted "Best Nursing Homes in America, "seeks a Registered Nurse to provide direct nursing care to residents and supervise day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistants.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
Shifts: 3 to 11 and 11 to 7
- Direct day to day functions of nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long- term care facility; ensure all nursing personnel comply with the written policies and procedures established by the facility.
- Ensure all residents are assessed and evaluated as per policy and procedure throughout their stay; review resident's plan of care for appropriate resident goals, problems, interventions / approaches and revisions based on nursing needs; coordinate nursing services to ensure resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician; ensure an adequate supply of floor stock medications, medical supplies and equipment is on hand to meet nursing needs of the residents.
- Administer professional services such treatments as catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/ bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags as required and as per facility's policy and procedures.
- Complete and file charts upon the resident's admission, transfer and/ or discharge; review medication and treatment administration records for completeness of information; chart nurses notes in a descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care; perform routine electronic charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Nurse Call Alert System (call bell system) is answered promptly and monitored via cordless phones and digital displays; ensure all CNAs carry their cordless phones and tags; ensure all calls alerts are cleared by the nursing staff after attending to the resident; the RN should frequently ensure that there are no pending alerts and monitor the CNA's response time to the nurse call alert system.
- Ensure all residents are treated fairly and with kindness, dignity and respect; maintain confidentiality of all resident care information; report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and or misappropriation of resident property.
- Participate in Quality Assurance programs, and any other program to ensure that the facility provides the highest quality care.
- Will be educated and become proficient in the Comfort Matters competencies to include knowledge, skills and abilities needed to provide person- centered care practice to residents with dementia.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holding a valid license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Some experience as a RN in a long term facility or other related health care facility.
- Must be able to pass the facility's physical examination upon employment and annually thereafter.
- Knowledge of electronic charting, EMAR and ETAR a plus.
- Be adaptable to change and able to meet crisis and emergencies. Be able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Be tactful and courteous with residents, families, practitioners and others.
- Be able to work in cooperation with other staff members.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing 25 lbs. Frequently pushes, twists, stoops, bends, climbs stairs, reaches at above or below shoulder height. Occasionally safely lifts and transfers residents of varied weights.
- Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, families, co-workers, other professionals and the public.
- Have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging.
- Requires lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Registered Nurses will be responsible for CNAs working on the unit
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/ situations and recommend to the DON adjustments in nursing services that ensure the continued ability to provide quality of care.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time hourly position based in The Actors Fund's Home in Englewood, NJ. The Actors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and TransitCheck commuter benefit or paid parking, depending on location.
Apply online at www.Actorsfund.org/careers. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services. Visit www.actorsfund.org.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: www.actorsfund.org.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.