Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Internal Audit Intern will contribute to the testing requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). The intern may also be assigned to other financial, operational, and IT audits requiring basic audit documentation and testing skills. This assignment will provide the intern with the opportunity to integrate their academic studies and prior work experience in accounting, auditing, business administration, information systems and/or finance with practical experience within a fast-paced corporate environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in performing domestic and possibly international audits to assess the Company's SOX internal control adequacy, compliance, and effectiveness.
- Assist the Internal Audit team with other financial, operational, and IT audits covering various business processes and subject matters in support of the annual audit plan.
- Work with the Internal Audit team in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of the Company.
- Assist with special projects as necessary in order to support the department's initiatives.
- Maintain a strong impact focus by serving the Company's needs and developing relationships with client personnel.
- Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members, and enhance the delivery of services.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
Education and Experience Profile
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Status at accredited college working toward a degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- General accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Prior internships/professional work experience in the Accounting or Finance field is preferred
- Foreign language a plus (specifically, Spanish or Mandarin)
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel)
- Proven communication and organizational skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Job Reference: US09894