Post by Jobing
Radiology Admin Location:
Rio Rancho, NM
Job Summary and Scope
Perform all Nuclear Medicine procedures in a timely manner. Perform procedures according to physician's orders in the patient's chart or per prescription on outpatients. Perform multidisciplinary tasks using evolving radiologic instrumentation, radiopharmaceutical techniques and procedures. Provide patient centered care with empathetic and instructional patient care and monitoring. Apply detailed attention to procedural accuracy, dosage, calibration and administration of patient services. As a member of the care team, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. Patient care assignment may include; adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Verify patient identification, pregnancy status, breast feeding status, and order for procedure, maintain proper patient communication throughout the procedure
- Use published procedures, techniques, and radiopharmaceutical administration guidelines to produce images and lab results.
- Operate gamma cameras with sealed sources of radioactive materials for transmission imaging with single photon emission tomography and transmission imaging when performed as part of SPECT/CT or PET/CT
- Use proper procedures to ensure quality results from imaging equipment, radiation detection equipment, detection and counting devices.
- Prepare radiopharmaceuticals for injection, ingestion or inhalation; Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription
- Maintain safe procedures for handling, administration, storage and disposal of radioactive materials, following safe radiation safety procedures
- Maintain compliance with regulations and procedures for radioactive contamination monitoring and decontamination
- Provide instruction on radiation hazards and principles of radiation safety
- Complete department and hospital records for billing and procedure monitoring, participate in quality assurance programs, maintain daily radiopharmaceutical records and patient log book, complete regular monitoring survey
- Perform or assist with preventative maintenance, quality assurance, and minor equipment repair, calibrate cameras, dose calibrators, measure radionuclides
- Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients
- Record and process results of procedures
- Maintain stock supply levels through inventory
- Instruct specific units of didactic and/or clinical education as required to students, clinical staff and residents
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety by identifying and reporting/correcting environmental conditions and/or situations that put a patient or employee at undue risk such as medical errors, and/or near misses
- Follow patient safety -related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Assist in interdepartmental service coordination
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Position doesn't have the scope of decision making, budget, assets and planning responsibilities.
- Skill to communicate and interact with patients, families, physicians and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be aware of and sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Skill in applying independent judgment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and irregular hours
- Ability to interpret and assess data effectively
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments
- Ability to be aware and respond to patient needs
Education: Graduate from an accredited Nuclear Medicine program.
- Radiologic Technologist Certification (RTC) in State of New Mexico
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Certificate Nuclear (ARRT-N) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)(CNMT)
- CPR- obtain within 30 days of date of position
- Obtain IV verification w/in 3 months of position
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science
- Two (2) years' work experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist