PRN position for Outpatient Pediatrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate patient's level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment.
2. Monitor patient progress; maintains timely and accurate patient records.
3. Completes all patient documentation and enters charges for services provided.
4. Coordinates / collaborates with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client's current or recommended treatment, progress and discharge planning.
5. Ensures proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time.
6. Participates in individual and staff development and expansion of services.
7. Assists in development and marketing of speech language pathology services to appropriate population.
8. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
9. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Master's degrees in Speech Language Pathology. Certified by the American Speech-language Pathology and Audiology Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Have a minimum of 1 year experience but would consider a new graduate who completed an affiliation at this facility.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current Texas license as a Speech-language Pathologist.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work as a team member and to be able to work independently.
3. Ability to assess and teat adults and/or pediatric patients with communication and swallowing disorders.
4. Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work and Excel programs.