As a small and rapidly growing company, PWTech requires employees who are adaptable, flexible, hardworking and motivated and who love the challenge of being an integral part of growing a business. This position is for a self-starter who would like to grow with a company, make their mark in the industry and shape their own career path in technical services, sales or management. You will need to work with minimal supervision and be able to demonstrate good judgment and sound reasoning in fulfilling this role. This role will ideally suit a recent graduate or someone with a few years of experience. Your primary role will be to provide technical support for our on-site piloting/testing and start-up services.
Daily tasks will involve:
Traveling will be a non-negotiable part of this job.
- Results analysis and report writing
- Communicating with field technicians to ensure a high quality of work
- Laboratory analysis work
- Running pilot tests and commissioning installations
You will be based out of our Rosedale, MD office. It is anticipated that you will spend up to 3 weeks a month on the road traveling throughout the U.S. each week. (Head out Monday, back Friday as a general rule). New hires are expected to apply for a passport as part of the hiring process to support occasional travel outside the United States. This job also involves working predominantly in wastewater treatment facilities when in the field.
Key performance indicators for this job will be:
- The ability to generate required documentation (i.e. data and reports) in a timely manner with minimal supervision, and minimal corrections required.
- The ability to develop a rapport with customers and other stakeholders in the field and present PWTech in the best possible light.
- Successful start-up and operation of equipment including necessary troubleshooting.
The right applicant will find a very broad array of opportunities for career development beyond the role described here.
Requirements: The following requirements are mandatory and MUST be addressed in a cover letter (no cover letter as per this instruction = no response)
. Applicants that cannot demonstrate the following will not be considered:
- A degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering with Environmental concentration.
- A high level of proficiency in written/spoken English.
- A high level of computer literacy utilizing Word, Excel, Outlook.
- A desire to pursue a career in the water/wastewater/environmental industry.
- A current USA Drivers license and a clean driving record.
- The ability to pass DOT physical and drug/alcohol screening.
- The ability to travel 3 weeks per month, 12 months per year.
Highly Desirable: The following experience/skills are highly relevant to this job but not required. Candidates with such experience are encouraged to highlight examples of the following in their resume and cover letter:
- experience in the water or wastewater industry and/or knowledge of water treatment chemistry, microbiology, and modern water and wastewater treatment processes
- laboratory skills
- practical trade skills, including any mechanical/plumbing/electrical experience
- any experience with field/pilot testing, starting up, or commissioning equipment
Submit resume and cover letter to kreal@рwtech.us. Please note that applications that are not accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.