- Provides direct patient care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
2. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
3. Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
4. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for Tele, ICU, L&D, OB, Cath Lab, OR, PACU, ER, CV and Procedural areas.
Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and PALS. For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Work Experience: 1 year
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women's Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.