STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Performs a variety of duties in and around the building of the hospital complex to assist the tradesmen and other workmen in completing their tasks: repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES, & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists the electrician with troubleshooting and necessary repairs as well as installation of new service or projects as needed.
2. Assists the plumber with drains, fixtures, cleaning, etc. as assigned.
3. Assists the carpenter with the installation and repair of such items as doors, windows, screens, locks, etc. as needed.
4. Replaces bulbs as needed and/or makes necessary repairs to fixtures; repairs various types of electrical cords as needed; cleans fixtures on a regular basis.
5. Plunges toilets and drains when necessary. Cleans and rebuilds traps, strainers, and repairs flushometers.
6. Repairs patient electrical or mechanical beds.
7. Services and repairs ice machines and refrigeration equipment.
8. Solders, brazes, and welds material.
9. Inspects, repairs, and performs safety checks on Dietary, Housekeeping, and Central Supply/Surgery equipment.
10. Uses refrigerant recovery equipment when servicing refrigerant-based systems.
11. Inspects and repairs appliances such as washers and dryers.
12. Services and repairs the pneumatic tube systems.
A. High school graduate or equivalent.
B. Graduate of trade or vocational school with specific training in mechanical field preferred.
C. At least one year experience in a mechanical trade.
D. Refrigerant technician certification, Type II minimum required.
A. Capable of analytical reasoning.
B. Must be resourceful and capable of using excellent judgment in solving problems.
C. Ability to communicate effectively.
A. Must be a self-starter, responsible for own results.
A. Ability to perform with little or no supervision.
B. Ability to work under stress and react calmly in emergency situations.
C. Ability to exercise the most discretion and integrity in safeguarding confidential information.
5. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Work ranges from medium to heavy level.
B. Bends, lifts, carries objects such as tools, parts, etc. weighing up to 100 lbs. To and from jobsite.
C. Ability to work in crowded, hot, dirty, and cramped spaces.
D. Works inside or outside.
E. Visual acuity is required for using precision measuring tools.
F. Must be able to climb ladders and work off of ladders and scaffolds.