Job Description The Biological Sciences Department at LBCC offers a wide range of courses including majors and non-majors biology, human anatomy and physiology, nutrition, and wildlife conservation. The biological sciences instructor must develop, plan, and present organized lectures, laboratory activities, and out of class assignments in accordance with approved course outlines.
Master's degree in Nutrition or a closely related field with a minimum of 27 graduate quarter hours or 18 semester hours in Nutrition.
Prefer teaching experience in a community college or university setting.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to work with staff and students.
Work is performed in an office or classroom setting with minimal exposure to safety or health hazards.
Applicants must possess a combination of academic preparation and professional experience that demonstrates the ability to:
1. Impart excitement and enthusiasm in a student centered learning environment.
2. Develop course schedules and syllabi.
3. Plan, develop, and deliver classroom lectures and activities as well as write tests and develop other methods to evaluate student progress toward achievement of course outcomes.
4. Develop or adapt assignments and laboratory exercises which students will find engaging and relevant.
5. Assure that lab equipment is properly used and verify that all equipment is present at the end of each laboratory section.
6. Work effectively with students and staff of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and ages and successfully interact with supervisors, colleagues, and staff as part of an education team.
7. Communicate effectively in oral and written English.
8. Keep accurate grade and attendance records.
9. Establish and maintain opportunities for reasonable out-of-class consultation with students, including office hours.
Please complete the online application and upload or attach the following required documents:
2) Academic Transcript
Transcripts from a non-U.S. college or university must be accompanied by an international credential agency evaluation. Please see "Academic Transcript Information" on Employment Opportunities home page for more information and a list of agencies which perform this service.
Applications are reviewed for minimum qualifications. In order to be considered, your application must clearly show you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
U.S. Veterans will need to attach proof of honorable discharge (Form DD-214) to their application to qualify for veteran's consideration.
Proposed Start Date: Full-time or Part-time Part-time Number of hours/week: Varies Posting Date: 06/01/2018 Closing Date: Open Until Filled: No Special Notes to Applicants:
As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be compensated via direct deposit.
LBCC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
Salary Grade Not Applicable Salary/Rate