Career/Leadership Development Events (CDE/LDE) Intern
Job Description The National FFA is seeking applications from qualified individuals interested in a 4 1/2 month internship at the National FFA Center in Indianapolis, IN. The position will start the first week of July and end early-November.
The Awards and Recoginition team is looking for an Intern with knowledge of Career/Leadership Development Events (CDEs/LDEs) to assist with Convention Assistants, assist with the organization of portfolios/manuscripts, travel, order supplies and prepare convention materials. The intern serves as a communication liaison for superintendents and teachers. Exceptional organization and time management skills are critical for this position.
- Manage, inventory and replenish CDE/LDE convention materials.
- Manage CDE/LDE waivers.
- Organize and communicate jugdes parking and student shuttle information.
- Develop and manage CDE/LDE courier schedule and delivery checklist as well as oversee onsite management of courier deliveries.
- Review portfolios/manuscripts and work with advisors/state staff to collect missing information as needed.
- Organize portfolio/manuscript copies for the judges and compile the results of all judged portfolios/manuscripts.
- Assist Education Specialist in gathering all outstanding CDE/LDE event materials, assuring all superintendents have the necessary documents on-site.
- Assist in compiling and maintain all CDE/LDE Committee member travel information.
- Able to work 8 hour days, Monday-Friday, Weekends before and after National FFA Convention & Expo
- Other duties as assigned
Enrollment in post-secondary studies required. Areas of preferred study include a variety of Agricultural programs including Ag Education or Event Management.
Knowledge of agricultural education, the National FFA Organization and Career/Leadership Development Events is helpful.